The Deaton Institute for University Leadership in International Development is excited to announce the inaugural Within Reach conference, with the theme of Zero Hunger hosted April 12-15, 2021, on a computer screen near you.
With renowned World Food Prize Laureates, international food security powerhouses like Catherine Bertini and Roger Thurow, and many scientists, business executives, and others, this conference will inspire, empower, and challenge students to take action against hunger in a world plagued by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, virtual education, and economic hardship.
Registration is LIVE! Student cost is $5, with all other attendees being $10. Group/university registration packages, side events, and sponsorship opportunities are still available – inquire with Holly Enowski, our Director of Strategic Partnerships, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a current student/faculty at one of the following universities or participate in one of the following organizations, please email email@example.com to receive your code for admission.
- Universities Fighting World Hunger Summit 2021
- University of Missouri – Columbia, MO
- North Carolina State University
- Presenting Sponsors:
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) North America
- Universities Fighting World Hunger
- Missouri Farmers Care
- Farm Journal Foundation
- Conference Box Sponsor:
- Shelter Insurance (Columbia, MO)
- Social Media Ambassador – open to students, educators, and professionals; rolling applications until March 28
- Research flash talks – rolling applications now; final deadline March 28
- Student pitch competition– deadline to submit materials: March 28
Upon registering for the conference, students will receive a survey to denote interest in various panels and roundtable discussions held on April 15th, and to submit their resume for up to 1 page of personalized feedback.